We’re recruiting for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator to join our friendly and hardworking events team based in central Bath. This is a new role and we are looking for a graduate with at least 2 years experience in a sales and marketing team, ideally in an events related business.
Above all, we are looking for a confident communicator, who is social media savvy, has good online research skills and understands the sales and marketing process. Due to the nature of the events industry and travel requirements, it’s important that you hold a full clean driving licence.
With a busy schedule of 70+ events per year, the Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator has a wide and varied role with responsibility in three areas: supporting the sales and marketing team to help build a prospect pool, access new marketing channels, research leads sources and generate new leads for the sales team; assisting the Conference Director with event logistics and administration; onsite conference management.
1. Supporting Sales and Marketing with Lead Generation i.e. finding and qualifying new sources of data to build the event database. Responsibilities will include:
- Updating social media accounts and creating appropriate online groups for our events ensuring there is enough “chatter” and visibility on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Researching and recommending appropriate publications, websites and associations for event advertising
- Researching and recommending partnerships with regional associations, consulting firms and other local bodies
- Some telemarketing support to qualify leads before passing onto Account Manager
- Creating ad-hoc lead generation and marketing campaigns to drive new sales leads
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with corporate lead generation
2. Supporting the Conference Director with event logistics and administration. Responsibilities will include:
- Sending out speaker communication and confirmation packs and managing speaker spreadsheet
- Contacting speakers by phone and email to collect, speaker bios, photos, session descriptions to ensure they meet all necessary deadlines
- Editing speaker and logistics information for inclusion in conference materials
- Updating event agendas to ensure all speaker information is correct
- Creating event master grids and staff assignments and other pre-event documentation
- Adhoc admin projects
3. Onsite conference management, which will involve domestic and overseas travel between 3-5 weeks per year, to countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and UK. Responsibilities will include:
- Hotel coordination i.e, ensuring the meeting rooms are set-up correctly, meal functions are ready on time, AV is operating;
- Registering delegates and handing out conference materials
- Speaker liaison to ensure they are happy and everything is ready for them
- Collecting delegate fees and evaluation forms
- Handling all onsite enquiries
Working hours are generally 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility required when travelling for events.
Join our friendly team!
UPDATE 13/04/16: PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED