With virtual conferences remaining for the foreseeable it is important to understand how to engage with your audience as much as you would during an in-person conference. We know this is a tall order considering the number of distractions we have at home such as social media, online shopping, children, pets, phone calls etc… the list never ends!
We have come up with some ideas below that may help you stay connected with your attendees throughout your virtual event.
- Make sure you inform your attendees on what interactive elements you have. For example, do you have a networking function that allows attendees to speak to other attendees or if they encounter a technical issue, how can they contact support, so they feel like there is a person to speak to for help.
- Remember to ask your speakers to pause throughout their session (if live) so your attendees can submit questions or answer polls in real time.
- Perhaps you have a live chat function, make sure this is being moderated so you can keep an eye on the chats/discussion boards making sure the conversations are on topic!
- Virtual giveaways – you could offer coffee or lunch vouchers for attendees to get something delivered to their home. Or offer discounts on courses, products and have downloadable papers. We all love a giveaway; they are a great incentive to keep attendees engaged!
- Add some gamification into your conference and offer prizes for competitions.
Make sure you incorporate these networking features at your next virtual event and see what a difference it makes! As experienced Virtual and Hybrid Conference organizers, managing many different virtual conference platforms for our clients, Event Management Services (EMS) can support you with your virtual events. If you have any questions or would like to discuss working with us, please contact Suzy Sclater at firstname.lastname@example.org.